Are you looking for a DIY underground music festival hidden in an abandoned army fort accessible only by boat? Us too! It’s word of mouth only — not promoted on-line since there’s no permits. If you wanna go, you’ll have to get to know some of the folks at your local all-ages venue, artists warehouse, free store, or radical library. Those who value joy and freedom more than the conformity and monotony of the rat race are coming together to make our own reality — and we want you here with us. Here’s some new spaces we’ve heard about as well as updates to the Radical Contact List in the 2023 Slingshot organizer. Please let us know if you hear about spaces we should include. There’s even more info on-line at slingshotcollective.org.
Rhizome House – Cleveland, OH
A new radical social center. 2174 Lee Road Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 rhizomehouse.org
Paperhand Puppet Intervention – Saxapahaw, NC
They put on social change-promoting giant puppet shows similar to Bread & Puppet. 6079 Saxapahaw Swepsonville Rd. Saxapahaw, NC 27340 919-923-1857 paperhand.org
Three Nations Market – Ajo, AZ
A non-profit maker space and market with a tool Library to promote upcycling and crafts. 20 West Brisa Street, Ajo, AZ 85321 520-270-2185 3nations.business.site
Humanitarian Aid Office – Ajo, AZ
The Ajo Samaritans provide humanitarian aid like water in the US/Mexico borderlands. “We also engage with our community and collaborative groups to raise awareness of the systemic causes of death and suffering of travelers near the US/Mexico border.” The Aid office is open open Fridays and Saturdays 9am to noon. 321 N Taladro Street, Ajo, AZ 85321 ajosamaritans.com
PLAC – Ljubljana, Slovenia
An autonomous zone in a squatted, abandoned cafeteria that features weekly vegan diners, a library, lectures, musical and theatre performances, aikido and ju-jitsu practice. PLAC means place and is short for Participatory Autonomous Zone of Ljubljana. 43 Linhartova Street, behind Bežigrad.
Biblio>media:take – Vienna, Austria
A bookshop and library that presents workshops and classes. The previously mobile infoshop now has a permanent location at culturenter 4lthangrund – open when there are events. Augasse 2-6, 1090 Wien, Austria. infoladen.kukuma.org, 4lthangrund.jetzt
Lots of spaces in France
Our contact in France emailed a bunch of new spaces there, but narrowly missed the deadline to have them included in the printed version of the organizer. Here they are:
• Le Kiosk 36 Rue Danielle Casanova, 31000 Toulouse
• Imprimerie Anarchiste l’Impatience 43 boulevard Pardigon, 13004 Marseille
• Le Chat Noir 124 Rue de Negreneys, 31200 Toulouse
• Lokal Autogéré 7 Rue Pierre Dupont, 38000 Grenoble
• le 102 102 Rue d’Alembert, 38000 Grenoble
• la Turbine 3, rue des Cheminots, Toulouse
• Local Piquemil 6 Rue Piquemil 31300 Toulouse
Corrections to the 2023 Organizer
• We left South Bend Commons at 1799 Lakewood Terrace SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 off the list but they still exist.
• We left Center for Rural Livelihoods at 80574 Hazelton Rd. Cottage Grove, OR 97424 541-942-8198 off the list.
• We left Food Forest at 889 Camino Del Sur, Isla Vista, CA 93117 off the list. Its a project of the ecoVistaCommunity that promotes eco-justice with a zine and a bunch of projects. ecovistacommunity.com